With winter approaching, it's time to start thinking about home insulation. In fact, with poor insulation, the well-being of occupants will be spoiled, with the added prospect of higher energy bills. What's more, 30% of economic losses are due to poor insulation. roof uninsulated. That's why it's so important to carry out renovation work to keep the heat in during the winter.
Everything you need to know before insulating your attic
It is to know that a bad roof does not allow to preserve the energy comfort and to realize energy savings. It is therefore necessary, if this has not been done, to plan an investment to insulate the lost attic space under the roof. Insulation is also necessary in order to obtain an important thermal performance. That being the case, one must be aware of the regulatory provisions in force, especially since the changes of January 1, 2018 on :
- existing residential or non-residential buildings;
- thermal characteristics and energy performance of existing buildings;
- applications to new constructions less than 50 m or extensions of small surfaces (individual or collective houses);
- Exceptions for buildings over 1000 m built after 1948;
- the increase of thermal performance requirements for opaque walls (in contact with the exterior);
- ventilation control according to the parameters of the occupation of the premises in tertiary buildings;
- requirements on the solar factor in case of replacement of solar protection (replacement of bays or curtain walls for tertiary buildings).
Help for the insulation of lost attics
Financial assistance for attic insulation is available to households depending on their income. Above all, in order to better strengthen the insulation of the houseIf you have a house that was built before 1980, you should know that it is unlikely to have been properly insulated. Between 1980 and 1990, insulation became widespread, but the standards of the time are now largely outdated. It was only in 1990 that walls and roofs began to be well insulated, but not all. Other details can help to detect poor insulation.
For the realization of the works, it is necessary to think of the program ofinsulation of the roof 1 €. under the Energy Solidarity Program. In practice, the modalities are as follows:
- Recipients must have a single-family home, own their own home;
- They must have uninsulated attic space or insulation older than 15 years;
- Insulation aid of 1 € only for unconverted attic space not used as a home;
- Valid for low-income households, therefore eligibility according to the reference tax income of the occupants;
- Help of 1 € symbolic to insulate 70 m of attic;
- Add 10 € per additional meter.